A collection of essays titled "The Hundred Best English Essays" edited by The Earl of Birkenhead. This book was owned by Robertson Laidlaw, a long-standing history teacher and Head of House who taught at SAC from 1909 to 1960. Laidlaw House is named after him.
Sir Joseph Flavelle was a prominent Canadian businessman during his life (1858-1939) and earned a baronetcy for his work as chairman of the Imperial Munitions Board during WWI. He was also a very philanthropic man, funding much of St. Andrew's College and establishing scholarships and bursaries for students. Flavelle House is named in his honour.