150 p. of textual records : text with some illustrations (col.); 22 x 13 cm
The fiction novel "Through the Looking Glass" by Lewis Caroll. This edition was owned by Robertson Laidlaw, a long-standing history teacher and Head of House who taught at SAC from 1909 to 1960. Laidlaw House is named after him.
Laidlaw was a gifted teacher, loved music, and was a skilled fisherman. Affectionately nicknamed "Pitt", he was beloved and respected by his students. Many often praised how he generated interest in history through his mild manner and general friendliness.